Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do I wear to see The Barber of Seville Opera?

I'm going to see The Barber of Seville tomorrow at the Lyric Opera in Chicago. What do I wear? And my boyfriend? Should I dress glam? He in a suit?What do I wear to see The Barber of Seville Opera?
Formal. You should wear black or dark dress, pantyhose, dark formal shoes, never sandals. Don't wear pearls, they are for morning , noon or afternoon formal activities. Your may wear gold, silver, diamond or any other gem, make sure they are discreet. For him, dark suit also with black formal shoes.What do I wear to see The Barber of Seville Opera?
AND go commando...

Report Abuse



This opera will last 3 hrs plus, the seats are itchy (I have been there ) don't go commando but do everything else. Have a great time !!!!
Dress real fine, both of you.
It's an opera.





It's formal; like suite %26amp; tie for him; long dress, heels %26amp; hose for her.
Opera is a formal evening. You should dress in a slinky black dress with a garter belt, black stockings and stiletto heels. Dress it up with some pearls. Go commando because your bf, who should wear a tux or black suit, is going to be bored out of his mind. You need to give him something to think about if you want him to sit through this. Tell him to bring a flask because drinks are really expensive and they don't have bottled beer.