Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you have to go to school in alabama to be a barber?

I have been cutting hair for 10 years and I am wanting to go to college. I am going to attend in the spring classes. I have been working part time in a barber shop, but I want to open my own barber shop, I was told that I do not have to have a license to be a barber. Just would like to know if this is true or not before I continue with this decision.Do you have to go to school in alabama to be a barber?
If you want to be a barber in Alabama, you don't have to go school. However, if you do go to school in Alabama, you may than be a barber in other states including Georgia, Mississippi, and Hawaii. Be aware that the regulations vary from state to state and can differ depending on whether you plan to cut men's hair as opposed to women's hair.Do you have to go to school in alabama to be a barber?
You can go to barber school in other states too but you don't need a state license unless you want to do cosmetology.