Saturday, August 21, 2010

How much do you tip the barber?

What if she does a good job? or doesn't do a good job? Should it change if it's not at a chain barbershop? (Great Clips, Cost Cutters)


What if she/he (hopefully not) j/k isn't all that hot, or isn't that nice and all?How much do you tip the barber?
$5 - $10, depending on what was done and how much you love it.How much do you tip the barber?
I don't live in a big city and I still get my hair cut for 9 bucks. I always give him a ten and let him have the buck. It seems nearly everyone does the same. I used to live in California and pay twenty six dollars for a stupid hair cut.
If it's a barbershop/salon you often goto, they do a good job and you goto the same person; I'd tip at least 15% simply because they will remember you and give you better service. I tip the barber pretty well, and she will always make time for me even if it's minutes before she closes; she'll stay later just to cut my hair.





But if it's one of those places where you always have a different person cutting your hair then really you can tip whatever you want or no tip at all. A tip is an incentive for good service, if they give you bad service they deserve a decreased tip or none at all. I'd give them a verbal tip; like ie. goodback to styling school.
I never tip my hairdresser - I pay for what was done and that's it.
It's always a good idea to tip 15% - 20% to your stylist/barber, etc. especially if you're going to be a regular and like their work. Any less and you'd come across as cheap.





Not convinced it pays? I tip my stylist 30% (higher than usual) and no matter what holiday it might be, no matter how busy he is, no matter how overbooked he is or how last minute I call on a Friday evening, he always fits me in for an awesome haircut. Additionally, when he raised his prices for everyone in his salon, he's kept mine the same for 7 years. Not to mention we've become good friends, as well. Trust me on this.
I charge $9 and most people give me a $1 tip,,,,nice since I have a SHOP lease to pay for.


I dont think it should matter how HOT the person is, I believe first the haircut should be what you want, then second most important is friendlliness.


However, I wouldnt care what the person looked like, or how friendly they were if i didnt like the cut.
I don't pay my hairdresser
The same as you would a server in a resteraunt.
I pay my barber 拢1.00 and he always makes sure he does a good job.