Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How much do you tip the hair barber?

I normally tip $2.00 but now i don't think its enough,after all she cuts my hair,they have to pick up the hair after words,and I like my haircut..so how much must I tip?How much do you tip the hair barber?
a lot of my male clients get their hair cut about every 2 - 3 weeks; if you get it cut this often $2-$3 is good.


if you are like me and get it done 2 times a year (weather it needs it or not lol) then you really need to tip better.


i usually charge according to how i want to be tipped (i know how horrible it sounds). if i want a $3 tip i charge $22, $27 or $32 - it makes it easier.





i do more than just cut, though. i also do a scalp, neck and shoulder massage (between 10 and 15 minutes) and do a hot towel treatment after the shampoo; i also do 'blade shaves' and hand massages during the wait.How much do you tip the hair barber?
i pay $20 when i am in america so if its a $9 haircut its a good tip a $17 one not so good if they charge me more than $20 i run like **** ha ha oh and when i was in massachussetts in july i gave the guy $20 it was a $10 tip i also gave his two kids $5 each cos they were doing my hungover head in and i wanted them to shut up they did and i got to watch harry potter in peace
The haircut itself is $15.00, so I give a $20. I do that for two reasons, first of all I do it because I know he'll appreciate it. Then secondly, because they will remember me next time I come in, and they will take good care of me. If for some reason there is a small line, I normally get bumped up in the rotation so I can get in and get out. I like to think its because of how I tip. Being that I work in a tipping industry I know that when you take care of people, they will take care of you. So I don't tip to be customary, I tip to be remembered.
I tip 20% of the cost. I get my hair done about every 3 months. A cut, color and style. She does a good job, does what I asked in the first place and is friendly during the visit. I also work in the service industry and tip according to how I would like to be tipped and remembered. Servers at my ';regular'; spots fight over me, and it's a nice feeling to know that I wasn't one of those people that servers hope they never get. Americans are horrible tippers for the most part. And I choose not to be part of that generalization.
i tip mine 10.00
i do around 3-4
I usually tip my stylist $5-10. It really depends on the level of service, whether they listened to what I wanted, and if they did a good job.
I usually tip 15-20% just like with waiters and waitresses. It may vary across the country just as it does with waitstaff. In California customary is 15%. In the northeast when I was growing up it was 15% but has migrated upward to 20% minimum these days. I live in Cali so I take 15% and round to the next whole dollar.





Then again I normally pay less than $10 for a haircut, so its almost always a $2 tip. I don't have a regular barber either I just stop wherever is convenient. A mens regular haircut #4 clipper on the sides, medium length on the top, parted on the left is pretty easy for anyone to handle.
Tip AT LEAST 20%. There is NO doubt about it. Those stylists stand in one postion all day with their arms above your head making you look great. You try that for 8 hrs. They, like servers, depend on tips, and they work really hard at what they do. As for colorists, again, 20% at LEAST. Thats a talent that not every stylist has and if you find a good colorist dont let them go, treat them well!
i would give a tip of 5$ so that when i go again im given good service and i wouldnt have to wait long.
Of course, the tip would depend on how much the service was - I would really, really, recommend tipping a healthy 20% when you get your hair cut. The person cutting your hair is doing a skilled service, and a very personal one at that - they went to school for some time to learn that skill, and if they ';had an off day'; you would have to wear that ';off day'; for the next month! I do all my work on appointment, and for a $30 mens haircut, I usually get anywhere from $6-$15 as a gratuity - just be consistent with that and dont worry as much about holidays, etc... And if you make appointments for your hair - show up! Take care of the person that takes care of you. ~Stylist Brian~